Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Other Problems


Logan lie there in a daze. He was still adjusting to his new surroundings, and getting used to being locked away in a vampire's basement. He had nothing. Well, at least the monster gave him an old lounge chair, and a toilet . . that was it.

His mind kept replaying the events that led to him being there. Victoria's father finding them, and bringing him here. He sighed. At least he had one more night with Victoria though. It was a night like no other, that was for sure. He loved her. He couldn't seem to think of anything else. At least he had something to think about during his long despair.


Soon her heard the someone coming down the stairs, relieved to find it being Victoria. "I've brought you some cereal," she said, carefully handing it to him through the bars. He ate in silence, with Victoria still closely watching him. "Why did you never tell me?" he asked her. "I was afraid if I told you about my father--my life--you might have nothing to do with me. I can't do without you, Logan." Tears swelled in her eyes before she continued, "I'm sorry I've gotten you into this mess. Sorry that you've met me. All I ever do is make things worse-" "No," he said, coming forward and reaching his hand to her cheek between the bars. "I love you. I'm glad I've met you. I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't." She scoffed. "You'd be out of here, that's where." She turned and left, leaving him there again.

Victoria's POV


After leaving Logan in the cell, which I didn't want to do, I went upstairs and drank some plasma juice to finish getting ready for the school day. My mind was racing with thoughts about our situation. I couldn't leave Logan down there all alone in misery. Knowing Dad he'll probably kill him . . But how could I free him? I didn't have the key, and Dad usually made sure it was sealed tight.


I probably shouldn't have, but I took a nap before school. I ended up waking up at like 9 .a.m. and was a little late for school---not that anyone cared or noticed. I was pretty quick with it came to school work. Not only was I naturally smart, but being a vampire allowed me to catch onto skills a whole lot faster. Teachers sometimes let me skip whole assignments and just put 100% on them, because I would only master them anyways.


Reader POV


While she was gone to school, Logan had finally fallen asleep. It took a while, and he was very uncomfortable, but eventually his eyes became too heavy for him to stand.


Blake was also very exhausted, and slept.


Unfortunately, after that the boy got no mercy. "So you're after my daughter, ey?" Blake grumbled. "Your daughter? It's hard to believe she's even remotely related to a monster like you," Logan defiantly said. "Watch your tongue, boy, before you lose it," Blake said moving closer and slapping him around a bit.


As close as he was, Blake could smell the fearful blood of Logan. "You may not do any good to my family," Blake said, "but you could possibly offer me something in return for your ignorance." Logan looked up at him, with a shocked look, right before Blake penetrated Logan's neck with powerful fangs.


"NO!" Victoria yelled, as she burst into tears outside the cell. She had to watch the horrific scene, and could do nothing to stop it. She was helpless. "No, please, let him go," she whispered. Blake laughed. "How can you feel for this human?" he asked, letting Logan's unconscious body fall to the floor. "I l-love him, D-daddy," she mumbled. Her father snorted, feeling nothing but spiteful toward his daughter. He opened the gate and closed it behind him before going upstairs.


When he came to, Victoria was still there. He straightened himself, trying to concentrate on her rather than the pain in his neck. "I think we have a problem," she whispered to him. He looked at her. "Of course we have a d*mn problem, I'm locked away in your dad's basement!" She sighed. "No, I mean a different problem," she said. She gripped her stomach and closed her eyes. "Logan, I think I'm pregnant."

No comments:

Post a Comment