Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Envy


I couldn't help but be with him. Right now, he was my life. Probably my only life for all eternity, or at least so long as he lived. I grew up knowing what I was, who I was, and what I had to deal with. When I was with him, I tried to keep nothing from him, and to stay with him for so long as I could. It was nearly impossible, considering I had to hide these things.


Blake Ashen, my dad (who has aged over the course of my life), would never allow it. Specifically because my boyfriend is a human, something my evil dad despises. I honestly don't see the harm in them. They're nice, and sweet. They may not have heightened senses, large strength, powers, or fierce glowing eyes, but they are at least something. They're not cold, and they have feeling. They are vampire's opposites. My opposite. But how was I supposed to help it? I often find myself wondering about just that, though never voice my opinion. "Dad" would kill me . . . literally.


After Dylan moved out, Dad disposed of Dylan's mother and moved us to a new house. It was smaller, and darker. It wasn't a castle, and it a few modern items. It took a while for me to adapt to the new environment though because nearly all my live I had grown up with his Medieval things. It was a BIG change, but in the end I liked it better.

I never know what he's thinking. It drives me insane. All he usually does is sit there . . . That is, until Dartay comes home. Dartay is definitely my daddy's favorite. He doesn't make it a secret in the least.


It was often that I would hear him on the phone with Dartay, talking about their life. Mainly their comments consisted of Dartay's mom, Ivy McKnight, but other times of me. I hated it. I would sometimes catch bits of "Your half-blood of a sister-" this and "Your half-blood of a sister-" that. I found it so odd though, how he called me a half-blood, though I had never met or even SEEN my mom. Dylan's seen his, Dartay had hers, but I didn't. So far Dartay was the only full-blood around. That must be why Dad is always so happy to see her when she was able to come down. 

One conversation did happen to catch my eye though. I felt guilty for eavesdropping, but I couldn't seem to walk away.

    • Dartay: "I have news, and your not going to like it."
      Blake: "What do you mean 'news'?"
      Dartay: "As you know mother dragged me along for christmas with her family, useless bunch of humans..."
      Blake: "I know the feeling . ."
      Dartay: "Anyways she also brought Mason and the brat."
      Blake: "I despise that man."
      Dartay: "I can not fathom how she could chose him over you."
      Blake: "Neither can I sweetheart."
      Dartay: "I mean I get it, she loves him, but she had to at least have loved you at some point right? You treated her like a queen and she thew it way for him?"
      Dartay: "I think I got side tracked"
      Dartay: "The news I had . ."
    • Blake: "She did. Or at least I thought she did . . Anyways, what were you saying?"
      Dartay: "He's proposed to her"
      Blake: "That's typical of him.. For some reason i can't help but hear a 'but' in that sentence. Is your mother going through with it? Surely not." Dad growled. I could tell he was already mad, so I couldn't help but listen further.
      Dartay: "If only, but unfortunetly it seems she is."
      Blake: "When is the wedding scheduled?"
      He said it quite forcefully, but only to get an answer out of her. She probably would have told him anyways.
      Dartay: "Valentines day, ugh, so original."
      Her voice was sarcastic. Don't you just LOVE them?
      Blake: "Cheesy. Do you know where it is, sweet heart?"
      Dartay: "Some place in Hidden Springs, I believe its called Cascata Park or something like that."  
      Blake: "I see. . ."
      Dartay: "And I agree, it is quite cheesy, but then no one ever thought to give him points for originality." The pair laughed.
      Blake: "Are you going to be present?"
      Dartay: "Most likely , I must admit it does seem quite romantic."
      She sighed. Like me, Dartay is a big hopeless romantic.
      Blake: "In that case, I can't wait to see you there."
      Dartay: "Really? Alright. Me neither."

      Blake's POV




      They never knew it but I was indeed there. I watched them closely, with envy even. What they had was perfect. What they had was what I would have had with Elvira, or Ivy even. Unfortunately Elvira turned me into the monster I was today, forcing me to stalk the streets nightly for my next meal. Ivy . . . . Oh Ivy. How I loved her so. But she left me for that Mason guy. I was alone all again, except for that Vampire-hunter's child (Victoria). She was all I had left. Unless you counted Dartay, the heiress to my throne. She truly is her father's daughter. She is so similar to me, I bet she drives Ivy insane. Still Mason attempts to win my daughter over, and it will never happen. Not so long as I am alive. She is my daughter.







      Then they shared a kiss. I suppose that was what made me break, but finally I couldn't stand in silence any longer. I finally came out of the shadows to face them. "Victoria!" I screamed, breaking the long silence that surrounded them.

      The couple broke apart, the boy staring at me in horror. I scoffed. "So you admit to him what you are, but forget to leave out the details of your family? Shame." The boy gave a questioning glance at Victoria, who glared back at me. "Why would I ever mention you? You are NOTHING but scum that we walk on. You're a monster."

      Her words stung. I knew they were true. Deep down they were true. I couldn't accept it, especially not from her. I raised a hand to her, ready to strike, "Don't you ever sass me, young lady." Suddenly the boy leaped in front of her. I rolled my eyes. "If you do wish to contain your head, boy, I suggest you move." He shook his head, and my fist nearly reached his chin. But something stopped it. I looked up, surprised to see Victoria holding my fist in her own. "Please don't hurt him, Daddy!" she pleaded with me. Her eyes swelled with tears. I felt-almost felt- sympathetic to her. To that human of a boyfriend to her. Those pink eyes of her, nearly like mine, convinced me to spare him, if only for a little while.



      Since I didn't have a holding place for my prisoners at the moment, I allowed him to stay in Victoria's room with her. She was very protective of him, I admit. She must have known it wouldn't last long . . .

1 comment:

  1. No, don't hurt Victoria's boyfriend. He's sweet! :)

    ~Dawn T.

    ReplyDelete